Friday, October 15, 2010

Comfort Zone






I chose the idea of personal space and interaction with art for this project. When I thought of this, I tried thinking about how people in Chicago normally travel with and around so many other people and how personal space is often disregarded on most sidewalks. With the phrase “ Comfort Zone”, I think it is a funny way for people to interact with the space. In reality, if they walk over the taped off area that says that, they are stepping into and out of their comfort zone. I didn’t want to take this assignment too seriously and just want people to be surprised to see something like this on the street. I plan on using tape on the sidewalks for this project, as well as possibly taking it further with the “reserved” sign we talked about in class. With these images below, I am not sure whether I want to do a dashed line or solid line so I put both. Also, the typeface may change. I am not sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment