Friday, October 15, 2010


so I've made my stencil which I'll bring to class, but I did some tests today using different materials. they all need some trial and error, but each one worked relatively well for a first try.

The first one I tried was the flour, which is the bottom picture. I think I put too much on, and I'm not sure I'm going to use it next time.

the second try was the sugar, which is the middle picture. it worked really nice in some areas, but again, I put too much on some spots, and when I removed the stencil, the stray sugar fell onto the pavement, so next time I'll have to sweep it off before I lift it up.

the third try was chalk that had been powdered. I think this one worked the best. the only issue I had was on the website. some of the chalk didn't come free from the stencil and cracked off from the lettering, so next time I'll have to tap it free gently to make sure it all comes off.

maybe this week I'll try cornstarch as well. the nice thing about all these is that they can be dyed with food coloring to get different colors. the chalk is fine as is already. I'm also trying to hunt down chalk spray, which can be found online, but apparently not in stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment